Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Please Pray For My Friend

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is no short way to tell this story, so please bear with me.

    I met Jim Galloway in 1971 when he transfered from Portage Indiana, to my home town.
    We shared a locker in High School, we became best friends, We loved music and taught each other about bands we didn't know.
    We were the hippy outcasts, we smoked a little weed, became small town dealers.
    We later became room mates.

    we got jobs at the local General Tire Plant, on second shift. One night, Jim went to a party and had too much to drink, and tried to drive to work. He lost control of the truck and hit a power pole, He wasn't hurt to bad, until he stepped out of the truck and stepped on a downed power line. I don't remember the amount of voltage that shot through his right leg, Blowing out his knee cap, continued up and blew out his belly, melting his big brass belt buckle. The voltage continued up and blew out his right elbow and finished its path through his finger tips.

    Jim nearly died then , but pulled through that, after years of doctors & therapy, he managed to get around.

    I moved to Chicago and a few years later, he followed. We played music togeather, and started writing songs togeather, I moved to Texas and we both got hooked on coke, he was an alcoholic. We use to party over the phone and take turns tootin & tokin.

    Over the years we would fight and not speak to each other for a couple years, then run into each other and were buds again.

    While I was living in California, Jim straighted out his life got sober, found God, and eventialy became a minister.

    Tonight I got a call from his wife. He has terminal liver cancer and has been given about a week to live. He has a wife and 4 children and the step father to twin boys.
    I don't know Jim's true age because as musicains we would lie about it so often. I think Jim is about 43.

    If you belive in God, please pray for Jim, and his family, That the pain will be bearable until God takes him home.
    If You are not a beliver, please take a minute to meditate and send a positive thought out to him and his family.

    Thank you.

    roger

  2. #2
    Daytona Demon
    Guest Daytona Demon's Avatar

    Unhappy

    I'm sending my prayers and love [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    That is very sad. I'm sorry to hear this about your friend Roger.

    My thoughts and prayers are on their way!
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    GD

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sis, I can understand how Tina could get hooked on crack. I got hooked on coke and didn't realize it until I was doing a quarter ounce a week. Once hooked it is so so hard to get sober, I spent wasted years walking that dark path hooked on cocaine, & Meth, Looking back now after about 15 years of sobriety, I still don't know how I let it get as bad as it did. I'm lucky to be alive, because God sent someone to me.
    I will add her to my prayers, you be strong and do anything you can to save her life.

    Takes for the prayers and positive energy being sent out to Jim.

    This is so hard being strong for someone who knows he is dying and just waiting [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner mRs.GaToR's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2001
    Posts
    1,883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I understand this all too well...all of you..
    my prayers are going out for everyone....

    I too have a friend just waiting to die...she
    was diagnosed with a rare form of terminal
    lukemia...That was Aug 27 last year...they told
    her she had 6 months...and on that day her fiance
    of 4 years decided to give her something to hang
    on to...they decided to get married Aug 27 this
    year! This past month has been so hard on her..
    2 types of oral chemotherapy and if I understand
    right...her insurance company is NOT paying....
    she decided to stop the chemo for the weekend
    of July 4th so she could go camping with her
    two children one last time....and things are not
    looking too good now because of it...she is
    trying so hard to be strong...but she is losing
    her will to live....she just wants it over now..
    and I dont know what words to even share with
    her......she is ready....her children have
    accepted it...and her fiance is supporting her
    100%....all we can do is pray now.....

  6. #6
    Inactive Member CDNRunaways Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My thoughts and prayers are with Jim and his family.

  7. #7
    CanadianGirl
    Guest CanadianGirl's Avatar

    Post

    sending my thoughts and prayers

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you all so much for your support, everytime I come and read your kind and encouraging words, I have to wipe the tears away.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You can add my prayers as well,,,I'll have my church pray tomorrow as well...we did that for Lady Belles' husband when he had his surgery for kidney cancer... all of your stories are so touching, and I'm glad I trust a God that answers prayers.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner ~*Twi*~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2001
    Posts
    1,221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    will put everyone that needs prayer on a internet prayer list and i will pray for them also .....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •